Computer Full form | What is Computer stand for | Types of Computer | What is the meaning of Computer | Parts of Computer
Computer Full form – Computer stand for Commonly operating Machine particularly used for Technical and Educational Research.Who doesn’t know about Computers? A computer has changed the human lifestyle. Use of the computer is very common today.
In this blog, we will cover some important topics related to Computers like What is Computer?, Computer Full form?, Types of Computer?, Advantages and disadvantages of a Computer? Etc.
Computers have made human life easier. Tasks that gets completed in days now can be done in minutes with the help of a computer. The discovery of the Computer is a blessing to the world.
Every task like storing data, long mathematical calculations, multi-tasking, etc. can be done easily with the help of a computer.
Computers are most commonly used in Hospitals, business organizations, banks, Schools, Research centres, Labs, Railways, Airports, etc.
As we know Computer is very important for us, but the full utilization of the computer is carried out with the help of internet. Internet is a global system that connects computers, Mobile phones, tablets, and more devices to send and receive data from one place to another.
Using the internet is as important as the computer. With the help of a computer, we can do any tasks in minutes however to send that data from one place to another, it requires the Internet.
Both Internet and a Computer together are very important to do multiple tasks. A Computer and the Internet have played a significant role in the world’s economy.
To get more accurate results, Computers are being used. Computers are widely used in the manufacturing industry.
The Task which humans used to do in days now can be done in minutes with the help of a Computer. There are chances of Human error, but Computer provides an accurate result.
What is a Computer?
The computer is derived from the word “Compute” which means to calculate. “A computer is an electronic device that is programmed to carry out Arithmetical and Logical operations automatically.”
A simple definition of the computer?
A computer is an electronic device that is used to carry fast calculations. A computer works based on the instruction. It bases completion of any task on instructions we provide to a computer.
Let take an example – Suppose we want to calculate 15+27, We will give instruction to the computer to calculate 15+27 and it will deliver this instruction to a computer in a computer-readable form.
A computer can read binary code instruction that 0 and 1. Each instruction that delivered to the computer will be in binary code.
As per example, we have given instruction to the computer to calculate 15+27 and it will deliver the instruction to the computer automatically in binary codes. The computer will do a calculation in binary form and will deliver the result in a human-readable form that 15+27 = 42.
Keep in mind, every instruction that we will provide to a computer will convert into binary codes (0 and 1) automatically and the computer will do the task itself in binary codes but, it will deliver the results in human-readable form.
Computer Full form Image
Below is the Computer Full form image.
Computer Full Form in English
A device that can do multiple tasks in minutes commonly knows as Computer. It has a meaningful full form. It’s a curiosity of every student to know the Computer Full form.
It always reminds of school days. Everyone used to familiar with a Computer but no one aware of Computer Full form. Let us know the computer full form.
Computer Full Form
U- Used for
T- Technical and
Computer stands for “Commonly operating Machine particularly used for Technical and Educational Research”.
While searching on the Internet, I found a lot of Computer full form which I will share below.
- Commonly operated machine purposely used for Technical and Educational research.
- Common oriented machines particularly used for trade, Education, and Research.
- Common operating Machines particularly used for Technical Education and Research.
History of Computer
As we have discussed on Computer Full form, now let’s discuss the history of the computer. A Computer is a great electronic device that has made our lifestyle faster.
We are living in the Computer era and we all are familiar with Computer Advantages or uses. Do you know the person behind such a wonderful creation?
The computer was designed by a great English-mathematics professor Charles Babbage in the 19th Century. Charles Babbage is known as the Founder of Computer.
Charles Babbage invented and designed the first mechanical computer in the early 19th century. As time passes, more scientist worked on computer advancement and invented Analog Computer, Digital Computer, Modern Computers.
Generations of Computer
There are five generations of Computers. The development and tools are modified in each generation. We will inspect each generation of computer.
First Generation computer (1940-1956) “Vacuum Tubes”
- The first generation of Computer is also known as the era of Vacuum tubes.
- In the first Generation of Computers, it uses Vacuum Tubes for memory.
- 1940-1956 is roughly considered as the era of the First Generation Computers.
- First Generation Computers were gigantic and uses an entire room for the setup. These computers consume lots of electricity and were very expensive to operate.
- Example: ENIAC, UNIVAC, etc.
Second Generation computer (1956-1963) “Transistors”
- We consider the Period from 1956 to 1963 as the era of second Generation Computers.
- In this generation, instead of Vacuum tubes, a transistor was used. We know this as the generation of Transistor.
- As compare the First Generation Computer, the second Generation Computers were Cheaper, Lesser in size, faster and more power-efficient.
- As time was passing, there was an advancement in Technology. Computer developed by Transistors were the perfect example.
- There was a significant improvement over the first-generation computer, however second generation computers produce heat because of which there was a high risk of damage.
Third Generation Computers (1964-1971) “Integrated Circuits”
- IC ( Integrated circuits) technology developed the third Generation Computers.
- 1964-1971 were the era of Third Generation Computer.
- The integrated circuit is made up of semiconductors.
- As compare to Second Generation Computers, the third generation computers were cheaper, more power-efficient, generate less heat.
- The operations and computing time were more accurate and less time consuming as compared to second-generation computers.
Fourth Generation Computers (1972-1985) “Microprocessors”
- In the fourth-generation computer, it uses microprocessors. The period from 1972 to 1985 considered as the era of Microprocessors.
- The development of Integrated Circuits let to the invention of Microprocessors and in the early 1970s, it developed the first Microprocessor Intel 4004 chip.
- Till Fourth Generation Computer became more reliable, power-efficient and small.
Fifth Generation Computer (1985-Present) “Artificial Intelligence”
- Fifth Generation Computer uses Artificial Intelligence technology, and the period considered from 1985 till present.
- The computers became accessible to common people, and it uses high capacity storages.
- We consider fifth Generation Computer as an era of Artificial Intelligence. These Computers use features like Voice recognition, Softwares and advance hardware technology.
- Example: desktop, Laptop, Notebook, etc.
How is Computer Function or Work?
Computer work in three-phase Input, processing and Output.
Input- Input means installing any data on the computer. It can be any image, Video, etc. This is the first stage where we enter information to the computer.
Processing- This is an internal process where Computer processes the information that we inserted. Under this stage, the inserted data get processed.
Output- Output is the result that the computer will show us after processing data. It can store the output result for future use.
Let us learn with an example. You have inserted data 5+5 (we call this a command or input that we’ve provided to computer). The computer will take a few seconds to process that data and the time between input and output called processing.
Finally, a Computer will show the result 10 that is an Output.
Types of Computer
There are several types of computer, we will inspect a few on them.
1. Analog Computer
Analog Computers are those computers which are used to process changing data. In Analog computer data gets changed continuously.
Analog computers can solve the mathematical equation at the friction of speed of light.
Example: Temperature measuring device, Pressure, frequency of a signal, etc.
The definition of Analog computers is computers that change data continuously.
2. Digital Computer
Digital Computers are those computers that perform arithmetic and logical operations.
A digital computer comprises hardware and software. They perform the operation with the help of binary digits 0 and 1.
3. Hybrid Computer
As the name suggests, Hybrid Computer includes features of both Analog and digital computer. A hybrid computer comprises Analog and a digital computer.
It uses Analog computer at the front end to solve complex mathematical equations. Analog Computer is faster to solve complex mathematical equations as compared to a digital computer.
Other Types of Computers are
- Mainframe Computer
- Super Computer
- Mini Computer
- Micro Computer
Parts of Computer
A computer is an electronic device that performs multiple tasks quickly. It saves time and energy. As everyone is familiar with Computer, do we know it uses how many components or parts in Computer to perform the task quickly?
If “no”, No worries we will discuss here the parts of computers.
The basic parts of computers are:
- CPU (central processing unit)
- RAM ( Random access memory)
- Hard Drive
What is RAM?
The Full form of RAM is Random Access Memory. The major role of RAM is to help a computer do multiple tasks.
RAM is responsible to perform multiple tasks. The more RAM on a computer helps to do multiple tasks at the same time. When you switch from one software to another RAM is used.
RAM is a device that stores data in the memory for a temporary basis. Suppose you have opened two applications. RAM will store both application’s data until you are working on that application.
As soon as you close that application the RAM will clean that data. RAM is used to store temporary data to do multiple tasks at the same time.
A hard drive works opposite to RAM. It used to store data permanently.
What are computer Input Devices?
Input devices are those devices that help to insert data into computers. With the help of an input device, we put data into a computer or command instruction to the computer.
Example: keyboard, Mouse, Joystick, Web camera, etc.
A keyboard is an input device that used to enter data into a computer. With the help of a keyboard, we can insert numbers, texts and symbols.
A mouse is a pointing device. The mouse is used to select any data and provide instruction to the computer.
3. Web Camera
We use the web camera for performing live video conferencing, Video recording and clicking pictures.
What is a processing device on the computer?
CPU (central processing unit)
CPU is known as the brain of a computer. CPU is a small hardware device that processes all the instructions.
CPU is made up of billions of microscopic transistors and responsible for processing arithmetic and logical operations.
What are computer Output devices?
The monitor is an output device that performs to display data. It’s like a TV where you can see the visual images.
Whatever you are typing or selecting can be seen on the monitor. The keyboard helps to type or insert data, and the mouse helps to select or click data.
2. Hard disk
The hard disk is a storage device that helps to store data. Example of the hard disk is Floppy disk, CD (compact disk) etc.
The work of the printer is to printout data. When a command is given to a computer to print out any data, the printer used to print out data in a paper sheet.
The Speaker is an output device that generates a distinct sound. With the help of Speakers, you can listen to any audio. It can be a song, recorded voice, Video voice, etc.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Computers?
Advantages or use of Computers?
- Computers increase productivity.
- It helps to perform tasks quickly.
- With the help of the computer, you can communicate to the world quickly.
- Sharing data from one place to another with the help of the Internet is possible through Computers.
- You can store data for future use.
- Provides, more accurate results.
- You can Perform multiple tasks at the same time.
- It saves time and money.
Disadvantages of Computers
- Create unemployment. A computer can perform many tasks speedy with a more accurate result. It can be a drawback as it creates unemployment.
- Access use of Computers can create eye side problems, stress, anxiety, etc.
- A computer can be used illegally for hacking purpose.
- Viewing advertisement or clicking on infected links can cause viruses and malware attack to Computer. Viruses and malware can be transferred through email link or attachment.
- It can lead an addiction to youngsters, access use of social media or playing games can be harmful.
List of Computer Related Full form
- RAM full form – Random Access Memory
- ROM full form – Read Only Memory
- OS full form – Operating System
- CPU full form – Central processing unit
- HDD full form – Hard Disk Drive
- FDD full form – Floppy Disk Drive
- DVD full form – Digital Video disk
- CD full form – Compact Disk
- BIOS full form– Basic Input Output system
- USB full form – Universal serial bus
- VGA full form – Visual/video graphic cable
- LAN Full form – Local Area network
- MAN full form – Metropolitan area network
- WAN full form – Wide Area Network
- HTML full form – Hypertext markup language
- KBPS full form – Kilobytes per second
- MBPS full form – Megabytes per second
- IP full form – Internet Protocol
- WWW full form – World Wide Web
- HTTP full form – Hypertext Transfer Protocol.
Note: You can start a blog and provide helpful information through your blog post.
Read more articles: How to register a domain name.
What is Computer Diagram?
Commonly Asked questions
1. Full form of computer in Hindi
A computer has many Full forms, here we will discuss the commonly used Full form Computer in Hindi.
C- Commonly (Aam Taur Par)
O- Operating (Kam Karnewala)
M- Machine (Yantra)
P- Particularly (Vishesh Roop)
U- Used for (Ke lie istemaal Hota hai)
T- Technical and (Takaneekee Aur)
E- Educational (Shikshaatmak)
R- Research (Anusandhaan)
Thanks for reading this post! In this post, we have discussed what is a computer? It’s Advantages and disadvantages, Computer full form in Hindi and English, Types and parts of Computer, etc.
I hope the information helped you.
Sharing is Caring -:) -:)